Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Supernaut - Broken Oar, Port Barrington 10.17.09

I barely made it to the Broken Oar to catch the tail end of the Supernaut gig Saturday night on my way to my own gig. There was a pretty good crowd there for what they call Oartoberfest. The event was held mainly outside in a big tent they pitched over the area where the bands play outside. It's pretty much fun.

I've seen the name of the band around but knew nothing about them. The verdict: Great Band. This is obviously a group of "hardened professionals" that knows how to string a show together of great tunes performed with a very heavy edge. This is pretty intense rock and roll and not for the faint-of-heart. I only wish I could have seen more of the show and I'll be making a point to see them again.

Supernaut is a 4-piece assault of drums, bass, guitar and guitar/lead vocal. All the players were very good and very tight and rehearsed. Like I say, this is intense rock and roll and not for everyone. However, if you're looking for a fun night out and don't mind not being able to talk to your date all night because you're under musical attack all night (in a good way), check these guys out. I can only imagine what 3 hours of Supernaut could be like. http://www.myspace.com/supernautband

No comments: