Sunday, February 22, 2009

Goin' South - Duke's Alehouse, Crystal Lake, 2.21.09

What a night! After getting me a fresh hit of Hans and the Hormones at Wool Street in Cary, I stopped at Duke's Alehouse and there was Goin' South, another very good local area band. I really didn't know who was going to be there but I was very happy to see that Goin' South was.

As just a brief departure, Duke's Alehouse is still Duke O'Brien's .. especially last night. It closed very shortly there a while back to re-groove and re-define itself but it looks to me like "it didn't take". I'm sure it will get beat up by inconsiderate people. It won't smell exactly the same but you can always get a lung full or two of carcinogens as you're entering the place.

Anyway. I really like Goin' South ... always have. It's a southern rock band with very good playing and very good singing. They play all the old southern rock stuff you'd probably ever want to hear and they are professional in their stage act and song selection. I really don't know what else to say except, if you have not had a chance to see these guys, please do yourself a favor and make the effort. http://www.goinsouth.com/index.html

No comments: