Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scott Wesley Band - Duke's Alehouse 9.4.10

I stopped in at Duke's Alehouse Saturday night and had the opportunity to see a great band, the Scott Wesley Band. I really liked these guys. They were a group of young guys but they sounded every bit as good as many of the bands I've seen consisting of old guys (you know what I mean). Good original music. Some excellent covers and a great, laid-back sound. The band consists of Scott on guitar and most of the lead vocals, a drummer with an excellent voice, another guitarist and a bassist. These guys were well-rehearsed, tight and had some great harmony work. They were all good players. They also ran their own sound themselves and the mix was great. It's too bad it was Labor Day week end and most all of downtown Crystal Lake was dead Saturday night. There was not a big crowd at Duke's but missing these guys performing was your loss if you by-passed Dukes.

Keep it up you guys. I really liked what I heard and the originals were very good songs. You really slayed me when I heard your very excellent version of Quinn the Eskimo. Check these guys out at their web site at http://scottwesleymusic.com/ or at http://www.myspace.com/scottwesleyband

Make a point to see them live the next chance you get. I will definitely be back to see them again.

No comments: