Sunday, February 24, 2008

I-Road - Duke O'Brien's 02-23-08

The name of the band is I-Road. It's a 4-piece group with drums, guitar, bass and vocalist who sometimes plays guitar. They're a good band! They really are. They just present themselves as a group of guys who just got back from the mall and decided to play a gig at Duke's. Constructive C - dress a little different from your audience and string your songs together a little closer.

Also, Charlie (the guitar player); when I first got there, I thought that buzzy-thin guitar sound was just for that particular song. After a while, I realized it was your sound. For what basically is a 3-piece with a singer, you need a fuller sould to fill up the overall "wall of sound" and an old 60's fuzz sound just isn't cutting it without another guitar player in the group.

On the plus side, these guys are going to be real good with some more seasoning. The vocalist is very good. He just doesn't know how to carry himself yet. The guitar player is good, the drummer is good and the bass player is good. Although I didn't know a lot of the songs, I liked everything they played. They have some good original stuff. This is a good band now but has all the earmarks of being a very very good band when they get their show and stage presence together. Good job guys! I'd come to see you again! See them at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=227252521

No comments: